Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Typecasting

I bought the DVD Death at a Funeral to watch while Lauren was home on leave. I told her a little about the movie, and then she asked who was in it.

NICOLE
The only people I can think of that you'd know are "Steve the Pirate" from Dodgeball [Alan Tudyk] and Peter Dinklage from The Station Agent.

LAUREN
Peter who?

NICOLE
Peter Dinklage. He also played the "angry elf" in Elf.

LAUREN
Why does he play a dwarf in all the movies?

As soon as she said it--and I nearly crashed the truck, laughing--she tried to clarify her question. But it was too late; she knew it was going to end up here.

LAUREN
You have to explain it! You have to tell people what I meant to say!

NICOLE
Oh, no. They'll know what you meant. But what you said is so much funnier.

LAUREN
Thanks a lot, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment